A 60-year-old man and his 20-year-old son were found murdered in Kiini, Mukangu, Embu North Constituency. The body of the father, Luka Mbogo, was discovered buried with deep cuts, and the body of his son, Erick Mbogo, was later discovered in his house.

According to police, Luka was brutally murdered and his body was discovered buried in a shallow grave a few meters from his farm. During the course of their investigation into his death, the police discovered the body of his son Erick, who was found lifeless in a pool of blood on his bed, with the house he was in locked from the outside.

Residents in the village had previously suspected the son of murdering his father before discovering his body. The incident was confirmed by Embu North Sub-County Deputy Police Commissioner William Owino, who stated that the two may have been attacked by unknown individuals.

He stated that after the elderly man’s burial, the police were forced to seek a court order to exhume the body in order to assist with the investigations.

“We had first thought that it was only the man who was killed…during the investigations, the detectives however moved to his house only to discover his killed and the house locked from outside,” Owino explained.

“The law does not allow for somebody to be exhumed without a court order. Right now, the DCI has applied for a court order to exhume the body.

The police chief also stated that relevant exhibits used in the murder have already been collected and that an investigation is underway.

“We have collected all the exhibits found in the scene including pangas and investigations have commenced. We are also waiting on a government pathologist who has the authority to conduct an autopsy in order to establish the cause of death,” he said.

While assuring the residents of heightened security in the area, Owino said the police have now begun a curfew in the area to curb insecurity.

“We have started a curfew, and the residents have agreed that by 11 pm, no one is allowed to be outside,’ he noted.

The two bodies have since been moved to Embu Level Five Hospital Mortuary pending autopsy.